Matching National Standards
All AgEdNet.com lesson materials have been matched with the National Council for Agriculture Education's "National Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster Content Standards." We are excited to provide this valuable information for all our subscribers.
Each AgEdNet.com lesson lists matching AFNR standards. See individual lessons.
By Content Standards:
AFNR standards are listed with matching AgEdNet.com lessons.
The AFNR standards are divided into nine areas:
- LifeKnowledge® and Cluster Skills Standards (CS) -- foundational to study in any of the Cluster's eight pathways. They involve underlying concepts needed for success regardless of the pathway pursued. The standards cover such fundamental concepts as leadership, communication, teamwork and general safety.
View CS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Agribusiness Systems (ABS) -- the study of business principles, including management, marketing and finance, and their application to enterprises engaged in Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.
View ABS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Animal Systems (AS) -- the study of animal systems, including life processes, health, nutrition, genetics, management and processing, through the study of small animals, aquaculture, livestock, dairy, horses and/or poultry.
View AS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Biotechnology Systems (BS) -- the study of data and techniques of applied science for the solution of problems concerning living organisms.
View BS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Environmental Service Systems (ESS) -- the study of systems, instruments and technology used in waste management and their influence on the environment.
View ESS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Food Products and Processing Systems (FPP) -- the study of product development, quality assurance, food safety, production, sales and service, regulation and compliance, and food service within the food science industry.
View FPP standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Natural Resource Systems (NRS) -- the study of the management of soil, water, wildlife, forests and air as natural resources.
View NRS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Plant Systems (PS) -- the study of plant life cycles, classifications, functions, structures, reproduction, media and nutrients, as well as growth and cultural practices, through the study of crops, turf grass, trees and shrubs and/or ornamental plants.
View PS standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
- Power, Structural and Technical Systems (PST) -- the study of agricultural equipment, power systems, alternative fuel sources and precision technology, as well as woodworking, metalworking, welding and project planning for agricultural structures.
View PST standards matched to AgEdNet.com lessons.
The complete national standards document can be viewed at the Council's Team AgEd Learning Center website. The national standards page is not part of the AgEdNet.com website. To view the complete document, go to this link: National AFNR Career Cluster Content Standards
To subscribe to AgEdNet.com or
for a "free trial,"
call us toll-free at 800-236-7862.
Back to top